30 August 2014

Glass

When I have nothing to write or when I am on a writer's block, I take writing prompts. I go over to writeworld.tumblr.com (very helpful for all kinds of writers #win) and check them out. They have three kinds of prompts: sentence, photo and music. These prompts are supposed to help you create a new work. I have posted one of my works based on a prompt (photo) before. This time I've decided to find my own song and do a music prompt. I have chosen Break Free by Ariana Grande featuring Zedd. It's a last song syndrome of mine since last week. Besides from that, I chose to focus on a specific line which is: "This is the part where I break free, cause I can't resist it no more." A quick note though, this piece of mine has a different message from the song. You'll see when you read it. Enjoy! :)



I woke up in a clear glass box: a specimen being experimented. This thought may be disturbing but it was my life; I lived with it.
I was tasked to be with someone for a long period of time. Researchers wanted to see my interaction with the other one.

"What choice did I have?" I said to myself. I gave it a shot and followed.

He was tall and handsome, like a prince of your dreams. He's the kind of guy you see in your dreams. He was clearly enough.

A certain amount of time was given to us and we used it.

I interacted with him and he interacted with me.  We played, talked, and wandered around.  We both liked how the sky was blue and not red and how pizzas were round and not square. We liked many things.  I began to enjoy and so did he. What didn't seem normal for me suddenly did.  The days went on and we did so much things like fish and hike up a mountain.  No matter how high or low we went we were together.

All of this felt like a habitat now.  It is a niche.  A day I wouldn't forget though is when we swam in a lake of bliss, baked cupcakes, roasted marshmallows, stargazed and sang each other lullabies. It was perfect. The whole world was since we both shared it; it was ours and only for us.

Til the next morning...

I was alone again. the experiment has ended.  It didn't feel right... it did not feel normal.  I walked the world alone til I reached the end.  I hit a transparent glass wall. this glass blocked me... bumping me to reality.

At the other end, I saw a similar place like mine. Only with different people. It was another experiment being done. The only difference it had with mine was his presence... he was there and not here.

My significant other was with another, where he is said to truly belong.


The thing was, I was not jealous of his another.  I was jealous of the wind that could cuddle and touch his skin, of the sun's rays that left pecks on his cheek, of the music that could whisper and tell him everything I wanted to.  I was jealous of what he drank for it knew the taste of his smile.  I was jealous of what he wore for it knew his scent which I greatly admired.  I was jealous of the scenery he steps in for he saw it and it saw him - how sublime.

But what could I do? I told myself that I cannot stay like this - longing for him. Jealousy would suffocate me bit by bit til I am done.

"This is the part where I break free, cause I can't resist it no more." 
I broke the glass, heard it shatter and sped off as fast as I could into the distance.




Hope you liked it!
What do you do when you have writer's block?





98 comments:

  1. Amazing one, already clicked to check that tumblr out, sometimes I kinda struggle when starting to work on something and don't hav an idea.
    I would like to follow each other, ofcourse, Following you now, so follow back:)

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear!
    Followed you on GFC and G+, follow me back? :)
    Have a great weekend!
    xoxo
    isa | http://stoerensexy.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed you! Follow back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comment!
    i follow you on gfc and bloglovin
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutee! :)

    Sure, lets follow each other. I am following you now via gfc.
    teenfashioncorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for visiting my blog, new follower via GFC & bloglovin :)
    http://shoppingobsessionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Following you now on GFC #77 Now it's your turn honey. Waiting for your follow back.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey there :) cool post !its pretty!

    Visit my pages if you like and maybe you would like to follow each other? let me know and leave me your links aswell




    My Blog | Facebook | Bloglovin


    ReplyDelete
  9. hello pretty, that beauty, I liked your post and your blog.

    Would you like to follow each other? let me know.

    http://www.sibaritismosdeinma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was truly amazing! Your writing is so flawless. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea. I should try it sometime. That was great. You're an awesome writer.
    In Christ,
    Sarah
    foreverchanged13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It helps. :) Thanks Sarah!

      Delete
  12. I loved this! Your writing is so beautiful!

    sparklydaydreamer.blogspot.com

    XOXO, Susy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a very talented writer! Lovely post! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greattips to find some inspo! ;)
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a lovely piece of writing :)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin?

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think you write beautifully. :) anyway, thank you for leaving a nice comment on my blog! it's nice to meet a fellow ballerina in the world wide web who also lives in the Philippines! haha. tiga-san ka? ohmgee. maybe we should hang-out and talk about ballet! lol. or do photo shoots or whatsoever. hehe. you teach little kids ballet? like in a ballet school? :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too! :) xx It was nice meeting you too. I teach my little cousin ballet and I only do so while they're waiting for their turn to help them keep quiet and busy. They can be a handful but they are still cute! HAHA

      Delete
    2. ahhh i see. haha. okok. thanks so much for sharing! and thank you Sammie :)) My blog isn't really a ballet blog but i am starting to think of turning it into one. idk. haha. ;)

      Delete
  17. Interesting post :)

    Following you. Now it is your turn.

    makeupdemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your comment, I followed you. Pls follow me back. Have a nice day, xoxo :)
    http://szepsegpotty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was really beautiful. I absolutely love it! :o

    Thanks for your comment btw. I followed you on bloglovin :)
    http://fashiionistah.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool!
    I'm following you via GFC, number 83... now is your turn!!!!
    Kisses darling!!!
    http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice blog! Follwed you on bloglovin and GFC
    ~Mel

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for comment on my blog
    sure we can follow each other <3
    i'm following you via GFC
    hope you can follow me back

    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a lovely blog!

    I am following you on gfc, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh now I see :) yes we already followed each other

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi dear :) nice blog and great post!!! i follow you now on gfc and bloglovin, you look to me :)

    Fan page:
    https://www.facebook.com/BlogdeModeNsm

    Blog:
    http://www.teanonsolomoda.com/

    Kiss Tea

    ReplyDelete
  26. How lovely that the Tumblr page prompted your spark for a new piece of writing! This was a genuinely interesting post to read, thank you! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. thank you for visiting my blog ^^
    sure just follow you back, now your turn. thank you :)

    http://www.twinklelittleheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOAH!
    that was breathtaking.
    two thumbs up dear.


    Ms. Kei


    ---

    P.S.
    i am now following your blog
    through GFC & Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! :) It's so amazing post! :D
    Thank you for visiting my blog :3 Can we follow each other on GFC? :)

    31shadesofaubergine

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for stopping by, would love to follow each other!
    I'm following you :) lots of love xoxo

    amelia-kay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. great post,i'm follow you
    new outfit on my blog http://tr3ndygirl.com
    i wait you
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  33. nice post, as u asked i follow you, and waiting for u :*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello sweetie! Thank you so much for inviting me here! I'm following you via Gfc, Bloglovin, G+, hope you can do the same :-)
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook / International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great Blog :) Follow Each Other? I Follow back as Soon as i See :)
    Liebe Grüße, Eileen <3
    http://beautyareaandmore.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, why not! :) I'll do it now.

      Delete
  36. OMG, some stuff were a little rough, but the idea was gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am not a pro in making stories but thank you so much :) xx

      Delete
  37. Amazing !! :)

    www.marrtab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice post! :)

    http://31shadesofaubergine.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your blog! follow for follow on bloglovin or google+?xx
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi honey, i follow you back on GFC and bloglovin, sorry for the late answer...
    New Post… Visit Curly Glow

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi beautiful, Thank you for stopping by and showing love onto my page, your blog is amazing as well :) I'm following you now via gfc. Keep in touch x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments I get. Feel free to leave one. :) Have a wonderful day!