30 October 2014

Gathering with Demigods

After 5 months of preparation, my team's event went very successful.

Official Promo Poster of the event
Demigods Philippines hosted "The Blood of Olympus: Fan Gathering" in cooperation with Fully Booked.  This happened last October 25, 2014 at Top Shelf, 5th Floor of Fully Booked, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. This event is especially for Rick Riordan’s book, “The Blood of Olympus”. It is the last book to the Heroes of Olympus series.


As the team's president, we can say that we all wanted this event to be grand and spectacular! After all it is the last book.  We want this event to be memorable.  We did not really want it to be a sad one and make people feel bad because the series ended; we wanted them to feel happy because it happened.  We wanted the fans to get to meet up and interact with one another.

Registration Booth
Say hello to our Freedom Wall too!


To get everyone pumped up and going, we got Splatt MNL as a sponsor for our event.  Splatt MNL is a store that sells different fandom items.  Everyone was really happy to see all the different stuff you could buy from them! I'd say they were a truly great store and it was fun having them around.  They had their own booth at one corner of the room.





At one corner of the room will have a bake sale where Percy Jackson inspired treats will be sold.   We sold diet cokes, blue cupcakes, blue cookies, ambrosia chocolate chip cookies and a bag of sweet treats! Proceeds from this sale went to our group funds. 



We encouraged all the attendees to cosplay and dress-up as characters from the series.  Here are the amazing people who did so!
Clarisse and Reyna
Hazel and Nico

Calypso and Leo
Reyna and Annabeth
Bianca Di Angelo

Jason and Piper
((Well... this was more of how they dress. We weren't able to get the hair color but NICE ONE STILL!!))
((((If you don't remember this person, he's here.)))
The rest of the space was used for the main event where we had games and activities.  The next photos were some of the things that happened and the rest of the people who came to the event!  













As the president, I had to manage and overlook everything.  Basically, I had to run from one corner to the other, entertain guests coming in, fix prizes and merchandise, host the whole event (which I was nervous for), and many others.  When you look at it, the situation can seem pretty stressful but honestly, I had a really fun time doing all of it. :)  I really enjoyed!












So here is me with my two other admins who went to the event.  We are originally seven but sadly the others couldn't make it.
L-R:  Tricia, Me, Lexi
Overall, the event was SUCCESSFUL.  A lot of people came, more than the first event we hosted (House of Hades Fan Gathering, the fourth book to the Heroes of Olympus series) and I couldn't be any prouder.  This was the second time we made an event like this and it was definitely BIGGER.  Words could not express how happy I am. All the hard work absolutely paid off when everyone told me they had fun and enjoyed.

Top Photo: The House of Hades Gathering
Bottom Photo: The Blood Of Olympus Gathering
To end this post, I would like to thank the people around me, who supported my team and I all the way!  I would like to thank my closest friends for being there.  I would like to thank Fully Booked, for letting us work with them again! They are one great bookstore. I would also like to thank Splatt MNL for sponsoring us. I would like to thank the publisher for sending AMAZING merchandise from abroad.  And I would like to thank EVERY DEMIGOD WHO CAME AND SUPPORTED MY TEAM. 


**All photos were taken from the Demigods Philippines page. Taken by Doti Dimarucut



70 comments:

  1. Hi! Read your comment on my blog 'FizzySun' I would love to follow you on bloglovin' could you join my site by clicking the button on my blog home page? That would be really hepful. Anyway thank you and I really liked the pictures in this pose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so fun!

    http://www.twinklelittleheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :) Great blog :) Thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog :)
    I subscribed to you :) Waiting for you :)♥

    http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks AMAZING! I'd love to have gone! I've read the Percy Jackson series and I love them, but I'm not a hardcore fan xD (reads series, forgets what happens in them) And omg that fandom jewelry booth!! Q.Q

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a really fun event! I love all the necklaces, stunning pieces.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,thanks for commenting on my blog :) You have a lovely blog! It would be awesome if you could follow me back...Happy to be ur 194th follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post
    Amazing pics
    Would u like to follow each other?
    follow me via gfc and i will follow u back for sure (gfc)

    xoxo
    www.Arbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hiya thanks for the comment on my blog x now following you x

    fashionbylucyjane.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment on my most recent post! I love your blog and am now following you via GFC :)

    www.lilyroselo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job Sammie! I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pics sweetie!!! Have a nice Halloween!!!
    I have a NEW EDITORIAL {I'm good but not an angel...}.

    *Keep in touch ;)
    ABSOkisses!!! Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn

    Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sammie! Thanks god commenting on my blog! Im following you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Great photos!
    You have asked me about follow for follow. I'm following You now. I hope You will do the same :*

    lookmagiclife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh dear!!! it sounds really fantastic, I hope you had fun!


    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations
    love your look..
    have a nice weekend
    http://maysesmodamour.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Sammie!!

    This post makes me want to reread the whole series! Haha!

    I'd love to button swap with you too! :)

    xx Alex the T-Rex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) I will do it now. Thanks Alex!

      Delete
  18. Amazing pictures :)

    I would love it if you would follow each other on bloglovin! Please check out my blog and let me know if you have followed me. I will follow back immediately!

    http://mydailyfashiondose.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  19. After seeing your article review I am very much relax now Actually I was looking for these kind of article from long time nice review done please come on my blog http://guruofmovie.com and share some review for my bog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I already follow you on GFC.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  21. glad that after all the hard work it paid off, it looks like a successful and a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did! I am extremely happy it turned out that way too, :)

      Delete
  22. I love Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus!! This is so great! Thanks for the comment on my blog.
    Xx Brittany - www.hellobubblegumblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. very nice event!
    mary2be.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello sweetie. Great blog you have, love the post. Do you want to follow each other? I always follow back.
    FASHION-SPIKE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post and images! So fab. Have a fun-filled Friday!


    Ps: I followed you on GFC and BLOGLOVIN. I hope you can follow me too! (if you haven't yet)

    Kenny,
    WHATKENNYHEARTS.com
    FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN
    LIKE WKH ON FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  26. Would love it if you could follow me on gfc and bloglovin comment on my blog when you've done and I'll follow back! Great post :)
    www.roxancolex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like a fun one! Great job on this post.


    ** I'm following you on GFC . I hope you follow me back if you don't yet :) **

    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM / eauty Blog, Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and More!
    LIKE BEAUTYEDITER.COM ON FACEBOOK
    FOLLOW BEAUTYEDITER.COM ON BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello, nice blog! Would you like follow each other on GFC and bloglovin?

    kisses

    http://ilovemanythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great post! Thanks for your comment and sure we can follow each other. I am a new GFC follower and now I hope you follow me back, ok? :)

    http://checkinonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful pictures and great design! Love it!
    I would really appreciate if we would follow each other on GFC, G+ and BL, so that we can keep in touch!

    xoxo Colli || my Blog - TOBEYOUTIFUL || Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  31. ohh that is wonderful! and love those necklaces!

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments I get. Feel free to leave one. :) Have a wonderful day!