5 November 2014

The Blogger Recognition Award

OThank you M for nominating me for this award.  It's a great way to start November.
I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award.  This award is different from other awards since this specifically wants to boost the confidence of all the bloggers who get this; young or old, well-off or not, no matter what country you came from, hopefully you will appreciate and love this award.




Rules
  • Thank the person who nominated me and provide a link to the original post
  • Write a post showing off this award. Give a brief story on how this blog started, and a piece or two of advice for other bloggers.
  • Select 15 other blogs I want to give this award to
  • Comment on each blog to let them know I've nominated them

HOW MY BLOG STARTED

So this is actually in my about page but I'll share it again here. It all started when I discovered blogs that were made by teens like me.  They were around my age: some younger and some older; and I thought, "Maybe I could do so as well."  After all, I did like to write and I wanted to share my random thoughts and ideas to different people.  Gaining new friends through it is certainly a bonus. 
But then I was scared of what people would think of me and I didn’t really know how was I going to go about it.  It took me days, or even weeks, to consider it but hey! Can you believe it? I'm here getting this award cause I put it up. I have no regrets with this blog. I love seeing everyone's comments and seeing people enjoying my site. :)

ANY ADVICE?

I've been blogging for a few months only.  My first blog anniversary is on December 26.  But here are two make that three things I've learned:
  1. Your blog is all about YOU!
  2. Stick to it.
  3. Be nice.
Your blog is all about you so BE YOURSELF.  A blog is a way of expressing oneself.  It represents you.  If you put all your words, thoughts, reactions, etc in it, it has to all come from one person and that is YOU.   Do what you want to do because you have control over it.  Write something you want to share but don't go too overboard on it as well.  As one blogger, who I truly adore, told me, "Be unique. Don't follow the trend."

Now your blog is up, you have to stick with it.  It can be difficult to update every now and then, but the great reward with it is hearing the positive feedback about your posts; the fact people enjoy them and relate to it.  It's hard for readers to "appreciate" your blog if you post every 5 months! If you have to go on a hiatus, the least you can do is to let them know.

And lastly, be respectful to fellow bloggers and your readers. That is enough said! 

P.S. I've reached 200 followers. YAY









12 comments:

  1. These are very good advices. Your blog is a place where you can express yourself about the things you like, it's not necessary to put your blog in some sort of category.
    I stumbled upon your blog a couple of weeks ago and have been reading it since then, and I really like it so I've nominated you for the 'One Lovely Blog Award'; for more information about this, visit the following link: I've been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award :)

    - Salha xx

    salha | abuhayar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with being yourself. Your blog is a mirror of who you are and your reader are able to sense that through your writing. xx

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for this fun award and yay for 200 followers! Blogging is such a great experience, and I feel like I've been learning more about myself as readers do. It's pretty cool :)

    Have a great day!
    -Riley XO
    smilesnomatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sammie!

    Just read your comment on my blog. Well, thanks for visiting my blog. And sharing your blog's link. Your blog's really awesome! I luv it! More readers to come!

    Miss Layne
    misselayneousthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved getting to learn about you! Congrats on the followers and thank you for the nomination! That's too sweet!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments I get. Feel free to leave one. :) Have a wonderful day!