26 November 2014

Two


This is a work of mine that I am proud of writing. Hope you enjoy it!


Two
by Sammie The Stargirl

Two was the number of my life before I met you.

I always had two of something – two decisions, two mistakes, two choices, two people, two hours of sleep, two challenges, two strips of bacon, two goldfish, two worlds and a lot more.  My life was full of uncertainty and bewilderment.  I was scared to do this or that.  It took a while for me to choose this or that.  I was scared to venture out to greater heights for I might fall off the canyon of happiness into an infinite pit of errors and despair.  If I ever do land, a great magnitude causes my world to shake was a line of all my faults form.  I wouldn’t be able to ponder and decide on the hardest and even simplest things – to wear red or blue today, if the number of a friend’s house was 28 or 82, to take a fine arts or accounting course, if I should put two or three creamers for my coffee, if I should even be awake thinking about all this.  I was always torn with two and the two tore me into itself as well.  I was the paper ripped into half, the shell crushed by a random passerby, a piece of chocolate bitten off,  a metal pressed and bent to be shaped into obnoxious shapes.  I was a lonely and messy beach divided and devastated after a disaster hoping and waiting for someone to come and fix me.

Then you came.

When you stepped into my shore, everything cleaned up.  The sand was finer and whiter as I felt things soften and settle down.  Creatures, my friends, would come back and enjoy the scenery.  The crashing of the waves did not make strikes of thunders but pleasant and calming tunes for me to unwind.  The wind, the sky and the sea moved in unison and everything was united and in peace.  That was the end of “two” for me when I realized that a state of grace like this is possible.

But I still have one set of two in my life and this is the set I am certain of:  you and me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What two things would you bring with you anywhere you go?


23 comments:

  1. You write so well Sammie :) I always bring my phablet and some money with me wherever I go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so good and so well written!!! I would bring my phone and keys, happy Wednesday Liuba, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this <3 It's really well written.
    I would bring a book and some music :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nymisha. I'd bring a book with me too. :)

      Delete
  4. This is so well written, Sammie, love it. I would bring both my sons with me if possible.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you write, your really good at it. I would love to read more.
    I would bring my kindle and a mp3 player loaded with endless songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Sammie, thanks for visiting my blog.
    I like yours too ,so sure lets follow eachother.
    following you now :)
    love the writing, so beautiful

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous post!♥
    Maybe we can follow to each other? Let me know :)

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a really nice blog here. Yes, I would like for us to follow each other. Following you now :)
    Very well written. I have this thing where I want everything in even numbers, like if I am have almonds I would prefer having them in even numbers. I know this is not that related to the article but it reminded me of it. :)

    Love,
    Rashmi<3
    from Lazygulrox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoyed reading this comment of yours. HAHA

      Delete
  9. hey ! :) beautiful blog i am new follower please follow me back ? :) COLORFUL THOUGHTS thank you xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi i saw you on Noor's blog so i clicked on your name and the went on your blog. You blog is very nice I love it. Please check out mine-

    www.shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    Rukiya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sorry for the late reply but will do!

      Delete
  11. I like your writing :D
    I followed back

    http://programmerstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, gorgeous blog. Loved it.
    http://cascadesofdreams.blogspot.in/2014/12/time-changed.html

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments I get. Feel free to leave one. :) Have a wonderful day!