10 January 2015

Lessons of 2014


Saying, "this year was a roller coaster" is mainstream.

The year 2014 was a tidal wave sweeping me to different shores, may it be bad or good.  I had great memories and learned new things. Here's a brief post about it.

1) Grasp every opportunity you are given.
I do not regret every single event I have been to for it made me grow and learn new things.  Whether the turnout is good or bad, you will learn something when you try new things.  Don't be shy when given an opportunity for it can change your life.  If you want to try something new, try it out.

2) It's totally OKAY to CRY.
There are times when you just hate life, shun people around you, and simply break down. This makes you think that crying is for the weak or crying is the wrong thing to do when in fact, it isn't.  Crying is not for the weak.  Crying shows you are human.  Letting all the tears out will help you face the trials you are given.  I've held tears and I learned it only makes you feel worse and your eyes are going to hurt.  It is always better to release than hold it in.

3) BE THANKFUL. 

4) Do not be too harsh on yourself.
It is a bad habit to push and beat yourself around with words so take it easy on yourself. No one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Be strong. Believe everything will be okay. 

5) PRAY.
This is self-explanatory. Always have faith.

6) Do what makes you happy.
Leave the things that make you sad and keep what makes you happy. You are someone who does not deserve to be sad.  


A late HAPPY NEW YEAR READERS!! Hope you have a good year ahead of you. I haven't been posting since I was out of town and I was feverish. How did you spend you new year's eve?


26 comments:

  1. love these lessons, totally true :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree with it. :) Have a good year ahead!

      Delete
  2. I love this post. These lessons are so true. <3

    I spent my new year's eve hanging out with my family and watching the ball drop on TV. :)

    xx Nicole Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! Thanks Nicole Rose :)

      Delete
  3. Totally agree! Great post! Please check out my blog and ask me some questions for my Q&A! Love your blog! ;P
    ~Ellie;P
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lessons, dear! xx

    Sarah
    http://imsarahgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and I really enjoyed reading your this post :) Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these lessons, so helpful! I especially love 2.

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great lessons we all can learn from. I especially like the one about being alright with crying. Sometimes we just need a good cry to find ourselves back onto our feet again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment on my blog. (:
    I spent my news years eve waiting for the ball to drop, except the tv cut out and when it turned back on the ball had already dropped. All I saw was a bunch of random people making out. Happy new years random people.
    As for the lessons, I am still working on not being to hard on myself.
    xxx. Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA oh my.
      I am too. It's a learning process but you'll get there. :) You can do it!

      Delete
  9. Lovely post

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely post. I agree with you especially the last one " do what make you happy". Anyway thanks for your visit. Sure we can follow each other. I just followed via bloglovin. Hope you follow me back soon :) xx

    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first lesson- to grasp every opportunity you are given. We should also dare to go out of our comfort zone. And grab every great opportunities :)

    - Diane | Vincristine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! :) Thanks for dropping by Diane.

      Delete
  12. These lessons are really important :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all the comments I get. Feel free to leave one. :) Have a wonderful day!